We love designing on sloping sites as it is an opportunity to create innovative architectural solutions without compromising on functionality.
Our in-house team of architects, designers and consultants understand the best ways to minimise costs by designing your home using the natural fall of the land. This is generally done by creating a split-level home that is shaped around the land and becomes a unique piece of real estate.
We will work with you to create a beautiful designed custom home on your sloping site which will add character and a touch of class to your neighbourhood.
There are many challenges to building and designing on sloping sites:
- Designing a home which is cost effective, architecturally unique and beautiful
- Orientating the living areas and bedrooms to maximise your privacy and maximising your potential scenic views.
- Maximising north facing living areas to brighten up your home
- Minimise cut and fill onto the block and instead working with the natural slope of the land to avoid costly retaining walls
- Identifying and complying relevant council requirements
- Identifying potential problems associated with groundwater, drainage, energy efficiency and suitable driveway gradients
We will identify the relevant issues to your site before we begin the design work to make sure your home is practical, beautiful and comfortable when you move in.
By following our well thought out design process we can create something truly unique that is tailor made to suit you and your family. If you would like to know more please contact our office to organise a free consultation to learn more.